Sunday, November 22, 2009

Farewell

Thursday was my last day of work and I knew it was going to be full of goodbyes. I don't really care for the word "goodbye", I think it sounds too sad. I prefer "see you soon" or "farewell." Thursday morning was going well until I started opening cards from different people in the office and the tears began flowing. It was a tough morning because these are all people who I have really bonded with over the past two years, they are a huge part of my life. I have left jobs in the past and have been okay about it, but this one was different. After opening a few cards I decided that I wouldn't open anymore, take them home and open them later. After work they had a farewell party for me. It was great to have most everyone there with me. We all had a few drinks and a couple toasts. Dave and I continued to party with a few others who decided to stay into the evening. I am going to miss all of them but I know I've made friendships that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment