Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Perfect Morning

Since Dave and I started dating, we've never had the chance to wake up at the same time in the morning... except for this morning! Now, this is what I call the perfect morning. Dave didn't have to go into work at 5:30am because he has the day off. We woke up at 6:30am, got ready and went to a local coffee shop. We sat outside with our coffee for a half hour, enjoyed each other's company and watched the town move around. The early mornings are beautiful especially when you catch the moon falling and the sun rising. Oh the simple things in life! This is the kind of morning that we long for. One where we're not rushing to the office or sitting in traffic. One where we can slowly awake next to each other. And, this morning, the one morning we're together, we received a call from Dave's sister letting us know that we officially own a home! We raised our coffee cups and toasted to a new chapter in life.

I called my Mom to let her know the news and she said "that's great honey, but it's in the wrong state." I understand that she is beyond sad that we're leaving, she's my Mom and will always want me close to her. The thought of leaving our family and friends here in California and Arizona is heart breaking too, but I know this is the best thing for Dave and I. We're very confident in our decision and excited for a new adventure in Virginia, with his family.

Be back soon,
CW

No comments:

Post a Comment