Saturday, August 1, 2009

All About The S'mores!

There's nothing better than lying in bed with my husband when I should be at work. Luckily I work for wonderful people who are very kind to me.

I got off work at one o'clock today when I normally get off at five o'clock. There's something so exciting about being off work when everyone else is still working. It doesn't happen too often but it feels very liberating when it does. I couldn't wait to get home to be with my love. We had a very nice nap, of course I couldn't sleep much, but it was relaxing.

After our nap we decided to coordinate a bonfire with a few of our friends and everyone was to bring specific items. To be honest, my main concern were the s'mores. I wasn't even really concerned if we had wood for our fire >:-) I wanted those damn s'mores! We could have cooked them in the microwave, I didn't care. Of course, the guys were more interested in having enough alcohol. You know, the key things men need to have fun; fire, alcohol, food and a lot of rambunctiousness. We finally had our supplies and were headed to the bonfire. We were at a stop light next to this lady who we thought was listening to "Scrubs" by TLC. I'm still not sure if she was but we started singing it ourselves not realizing we were getting so carried away. About 3/4 of the way through the song, rapping, harmonizing and doing solo performances in the Nissan Frontier, it hit us. We stopped our performance, looked at each other and I said "were we really just singing "scrubs"?" We laughed hysterically!

The bonfire was fun. I got my s'mores :) No one really understood why I like my marshmallows burnt, but what is it to them?! We shared some good stories and when the guys started talking about their nerd gadgets or work, us ladies made sure they knew how boring it was.

I'm so happy it's the weekend! We're going to try and cram as many fun and exciting things into our schedule as possible.

For me, life is about smiling, love and laughter. Life is being yourself, creating yourself and loving yourself. It starts with you! Who cares if others think you're weird. I love being at home with my husband because there is no holding back. I am 100% me; goofy, un-ladylike (at times), immature, emotional and he still thinks I'm beautiful, so he says. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Enjoy every moment!

Have a wonderful weekend and do something fun that you wouldn't normally do. Step outside your regular routine - You may enjoy it!

Quote: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Cereal Writer-

No comments:

Post a Comment