Saturday, August 15, 2009

Life Reflection


The MR and I didn't have much planned for the weekend which was fine with me since we always seem to have plans. I awoke a little unsettled this morning and i'm assuming it was the result of a conversation the MR and I had last night. We are still adjusting to him being home from his 5 month deployment. Thank goodness we communicate well because otherwise this transition might not be so easy. Along with some of the more serious things we discussed we also discussed the possibility of driving up the coast to visit family but when I really focused on what I needed, I realized that was personal time. I contemplated staying home while he went up north to go spear fishing with my brother but I wasn't too into the idea. I'm the type of person that doesn't require a whole lot of time alone but when I start to crave it, I need to make sure I allot time to do so.

I finally made up my mind (the MR was happy about that) so we drove about an hour to my brother's house. My brother and the MR decided they wanted to snorkel and spear fish. We got in our suits (swim that is) then took the trolley to the beach. Free public transportation = Genius idea! They got all their snorkel gear on while I set up shop on a cluster of rocks much like the birthing rocks in Hawaii which are really neat. I felt more like a mermaid boss than a woman on a birthing rock in the Forrest . While they were out in the water I planned to spend some time in my head without interruption. However, I made friends with the lifeguard and spent most of my time people watching and exploring the beach. It was such a beautiful day...well most days here are beautiful. Unfortunately we forgot our camera :*(

Before I knew it, the boys were back on shore. That time to myself was much needed even though there were distractions. It was peaceful which is just what the doctor ordered. Aside from my alone time, it was so nice to see my brother. We had a lot of laughs and catching up to do. {My brother introduced my husband and I - They've been really good friends since junior high so they get along really well} I usually get to see one of my other brothers, sister and my Mom but it didn't work out this time. Hopefully we'll see them all next weekend.

Before I head to bed I would like to say, pay attention to what you really want and do it. Life can be difficult but remember not to take it too seriously...enjoy it all you can!

Good night ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Fun post. But did MR snag a snapper? And yes certainly agree we live in an often unbelievably beautiful place. It just doesn't get any better. Were the rock a bit uncomfortable? Bet so. Keep the posts up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    The MR mentioned that the visibility wasn't too great out there. I don't think it was the best day to go spear fishing. The rock was uncomfortable but I used towels to make it quite the opposite.

    Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete