Sunday, August 16, 2009

Planning Our Third Anniversary


The MR and I have been discussing our third anniversary plans for many weeks now. We decided to do something adventurous together rather than a gift exchange. We're very close to making a final decision, one of them being paragliding.






We woke up this morning and decided to drive up to the gliding spot on the cliffs, have lunch and just watch the paragliders. I suggested the idea of going to watch them because I wanted to see what it was all about before I did the jumping myself. I am somewhat afraid of heights but am determined to conquer my fears.





When we got there the first thing I noticed was the view, it was breathtaking not to mention the excitment of the paragliders running off the cliffs. After watching some paragliding we decided to have lunch. We both had delicious sandwiches from the little cafe. Once we finished eating we went off to explore the cliffs which were beautiful.




Even though I think paragliding might be a tad scary, I assured the MR that I would still go and boy was he excited to hear that. The instructor might have to drag me off that cliff which should be quite easy for him since I plan to sedate myself. All the elements around us today seemed to flow into each other so well, from the sky and sun to the mountainside to the shore line...flawless! It was perfectly warm with a slight breeze, what a beautiful day to be outside!


I hope you'll get a glimpse of what we experienced today through my photographs. I'll let you know when we go for the jump or in my case the drag-fall.

2 comments:

  1. Well if your third involves paragliding, kinda wonder
    what your next biggie - the Wooden Anniversary - will be?
    Maybe parachuting from a plane?

    A compromise suggestion. A simple flight in a proper glider?
    Could stay aloft longer, observe Mother Earth more leisurely
    and all a bit more safely yet still peacefully quiet.

    Either way suggest you lunch after returning to terra firma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous, we'll take your advice into consideration.

    ReplyDelete