Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Military Lifestyle

Living the military life can be very unsettling and very rewarding at the same time. I've been married to my husband going on 3 years now and the whole time we've been together he's been in the Navy. You would think that I would be accustomed to the separation by now but I'm not, even for a night. The separation is something that comes with life in the military whether you like it or not! We're coming up on another duty day tomorrow, which means he's on the ship for 36hrs straight. I think if this were to happen every once in a while, it wouldn't be such a big deal but the fact that it happens every 6 days can get old. But as old as it gets, I always think how lucky I am to have him home and not on deployment fighting the war in Iraq. As a military wife I feel like I'm clinging to him every minute I can because I KNOW he's going to have to leave again soon. I hate the fact that I just called myself "clingy!" Poor guy! I know a lot of military spouses would agree with me that this lifestyle never gets easier and we DREAD duty days and deployments. With that being said, I'm very proud of my husband for helping to protect our country. I have to say, I've become a lot more patriotic since meeting him. There are so many great things that come with being apart of the military community. With all the great things come some obstacles but isn't that what life is all about?

We have some very exciting and new changes coming our way in the next few months. Oh yeah, did I mention that CHANGE is a big part of the military life as well??? Well it is and I don't mind it at all. We love to travel, move and meet new people. I'm a little sad to say that our military lifestyle will be coming to an end in January and the next new life adventure lies ahead. SO many mixed emotions. Sad to leave the people and places I've grown to love here but excited and nervous to see what's in store.

I will have plenty to talk about in the near future...Can't wait to let you in on what our next big adventure entails. Are you ready???

Stick around all my IR's (Imaginary Readers)

Peace,
CW-

2 comments:

  1. Think you are very observant and a gifted writer.
    Not sure about your cereal diet. Think you should try
    some Kefir...Strawberries and Cream to start. And think
    I shoulda joined the Navy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment, it means a lot! Kefir is delicious and it's never too late to join ;)

    ReplyDelete