Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Talk Nerdy To Me

I found myself giving a girlfriend advice the other day and not too long after our conversation, I realized that I may not be following my own advice. She and her husband have been married nearly a year. She came to me for some marriage advice and I was happy to help. One piece of advice I gave her was "Your husband doesn't necessarily need to hear all that you have to say. I think communication is important but he doesn't need to know about the guy that your BFF is dating or every detail about the dress you've been dying to buy."
I can be kind of an anxious person so I tend to talk to fill the silence...when, silence is golden, right? ;) Well, every now and then I put myself in my husband's shoes for a split second, yes only a SPLIT second and I realize that I could very well be driving him insane with all my woman chatter. This usually happens when I'm talking to him about something he has no interest in and then wonder why he's not listening to me. Men couldn't be anymore different than women. So, I confronted him about the matter and sure enough, all those "split second" moments I've been having are correct, he was just too sweet to say anything. When I asked him if I sometimes tell him things he's not interested in, he said yes but he also wanted me to know that he still wants me to be me and continue to talk openly. However, from now on I am going to try to filter the topics I choose to talk to him about. And, it goes both ways. I don't always want to hear about his nerd gadgets or how the RAM connects to the motherboard. Well, I do find the nerd talk to be sexy at times.

That's the scoop for now!

CW-

No comments:

Post a Comment