Friday, January 22, 2010

The official meeting

As you may know, Dave and I decided to try and conquer our front yard situation Saturday. Once we started raking leaves, all of our neighbors slowly started coming out of their homes. It was neat because we got to meet each of them and their kids. The couple who live directly across the street from us are retired. We only met the man and he use to be in the Navy. We also met two other families; next door to us (marines) and a couple down the street. I'm so glad we were outside that day. Our neighborhood really came alive! Two days after meeting the retired couple across the street, the man brought us some brownies with a note that said "Welcome!" We thought that was really kind. I'm going to bake cookies to fill their container and return it to them with a note that says "thank you!"

Remember when I said I was waiting for our "baked goods welcome?" Well, ha! Told ya it would happen! They just had to meet us first, decide they liked us and...wha-la! Brownies! And, boy are they yuuuuummy!

I hope we have more days like Saturday. It was great meeting and getting to know all of them and to know we're all here for each other. I have to say, we picked an awesome neighborhood!

Gotta run!

CW

No comments:

Post a Comment