Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Family Statue

For the past two years there's been an ongoing joke between Dave's sister Kim, brother-in-law Tim, Dave and myself.


Tim and Kim found a statue in the attic of a house they use to live in a couple years ago.





















Yep, that's him!

When we visited them a couple years ago on the east coast, they hid the statue in our bed...Creepy. Then we hid it in their shower. And they hid it in our room again.Before we went home, we hid it in their camper knowing they wouldn't find it for a while but when they did it would be GOOD! And it was.


The following Christmas, they contacted my Mom, got her address and mailed it to her house and told her to give it to us to open on Christmas morning. What a surprise! They got us.


Six months later we were in San Francisco with them. We knocked on their hotel room door, left the statue outside and RAN! They did the same thing back to us and we decided to keep it.


I left San Francisco before Dave, Tim and Kim, with the statue in my suitcase. They got to our house in San Diego a few days after me and of course, since I hadn't unpacked yet, they got in my suitcase and stole the statue. AHHHHH! Sneaky, sneaky! Dave was coming home early the next day so he and I had to start planning our revenge. Through emails we decided that I would sneak into Kim and Tim's room which was next to ours and search their luggage for the statue. They were down stairs watching a movie so into their room I went! I didn't find the statue :( We had a good feeling Tim and Kim hid it in their car so my next move was to sneak back into their room and steal their car keys. Back into their room I went and wah-la! I hit the jackpot; the keys were on the night stand. I emailed Dave to let him know I found them and here's where plan B comes into play... I kept those keys with me all night, and because I couldn't sleep from excitement, I was thinking of every possible situation. What happens when they realize the keys are gone? How are they going to get revenge? I knew they would watch me like a hawk if they realized the keys were missing. I just couldn't wait for Dave to get home in the morning to help with our next move, plan B.


Plan B: I woke up early the next morning to open our balcony door because they wake up early, and I didn't want them to hear the alarm beep when I opened it. Dave called when he pulled up in front of the house; I went on the balcony and threw the keys down to him. While he was in their car searching for the statue I went down stairs to entertain Tim and Kim. They were confused because they saw Dave walking up to the door, bend down to pick up the keys I threw to him (they landed on the grass) and turn around. They said, "Dave was walking up, then he dropped something and turned around to go back to his car." Little did they know! Dave found it in their car hidden in a back compartment. He replaced it with two care bears holding a sign that said "got ya, sucka!", and then put the statue in his truck. When Dave got inside, I eventually got him to come up stairs and he passed the keys back to me. I smoothly put them back where I found them while Kim and Tim stayed down stairs. They didn't realize the statue had been taken out of their car. They drove around for a day or so thinking it was still with them but when they found out it wasn't, they were shocked! They turned our house upside down looking for it the next day while we were working, but didn't find it. We've had it ever since!


After Kim and Tim left the joke continued. Dave opened his locker at work and you'll never guess what he saw...the care bears! Tim and Kim somehow got the number of Dave's co-worker, met up with him, gave him the care bears and asked him to hide them on the ship where Dave would find them. Crazy!

Today, 1.5yrs later, Kim asked me to scan her a drawing of a poster we're creating for work, so I sent her a picture of the statue. I just wanted to refresh her memory and make sure she didn't forget about our little joke. She sent me a text message that said “okay, it's a little different then I remember us talking about on Friday (the drawing). Do you think a big poster would work or is it a little creepy?!" I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt!


Stay tuned for more of my statue diaries...


Dun dun dunnnnnn,


CW

2 comments:

  1. Before I even started to READ the post, I thought, "OMG that's creepy!" LOL.....

    Glad to see we were on the same page on the picture!

    I love this idea tho........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are definitely on the same page about the creepiness factor!

    I'm glad we're fellow bloggers now :)

    ReplyDelete