Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Good news and bad news

I have good news and bad news for you. Which would you like to hear first? Okay, good news it is! The good news is that my weekend was great. The bad news is that we didn't go streaking or blackout, sorry to disappoint.

The weekend was pretty smooth other than a couple of my "moments." I, took these moments well, however, I'm not sure the MR enjoyed them so much. Let me share with you one of my finest from this past weekend. I was trying to figure out what I should wear to our friends' comedy show (of course the MR had been dressed and ready for 45min by this point) and was really stuck on the shoes. I wanted to wear my red pumps so I asked the MR what he thought about them (mistake #1 - If I had already made up my mind on the shoes, why would I consult the MR?) and his response was "well, I'm not so sure about those. What about your black boots?" I knew the black boots wouldn't work because my pants weren't long enough for my liking. I tried them on and sure enough, my pants were too short (like the rapper) and I didn't have any other shoes that I thought would go well with my outfit. Bringing the MR into this dilemma frustrated me even more but I really value his opinion so I was torn. For the next twenty minutes I held a silent grudge against him and I'm sure, huffing and puffing around the room (very immature, I know but it was a "moment"). With all the huffing and puffing I managed to slam my finger in the door, let out this huge gasp and started sobbing. I'm sure this was karma for my silent grudge against the MR. He of course came to comfort me and I pushed him away. When I finally calmed down he said "I was trying to comfort you but you pushed me away. Why?" I smiled (knowing how stupid I was) and said "because you didn't pick the shoes I wanted you to pick." He laughed in awe and I said "didn't you want the truth no matter how petty it was?" It was a funny start to our evening and we had a great time at the comedy show.

I hope you can relate weather you're a man or woman. Care to share your own "moment" with me? I would love to hear it!

Cereal Writer

2 comments:

  1. The other day Scott and I were going to the hospital. He didn't park in the first space available and I was being a brat about having to walk further than I wanted. I threw a fit and ended up almost breaking my toe in the process. I feel your pain ms. lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story wahbamimsam. I hope you're not upset but I laughed while reading it. We can be kind of crazy sometimes :) I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

    Cereal Writer

    ReplyDelete