Monday, October 19, 2009

You'll never guess! (video included)

Do you have any idea what the MR and I did this weekend? Take one guess......Nope, that's not it! The MR and I had our first Trapeze lesson.

When we arrived there we immediately signed a waiver then got started with a mini "how to" course. My first time up the ladder was very challenging due to my fear of heights. I climbed to the half way point, looked down and nearly started to cry. I was terrified! I said to the instructor "I think I'm afraid of heights" and she said "that's okay, don't look down and keep climbing." That was the best thing she could have ever said to me. Once I got to the top I was fine. Well, not completely fine since I knew what was coming next, the jump! I waited for them to strap the MR in and watched him jump. He did very well considering he was just as nervous, which I was surprised to hear. Then it was my turn. I followed the commands, however, I'm not sure if I jumped willingly or if they pushed me. Either way, I made it off the platform and was swinging in the air. I have to admit, I did have a hard time following the "drop" command. I thought they were crazy to expect me to let go of the bar and fall to the net. The net seemed fairly far from me. Their pleading and begging went on for a good minute and a half until I finally let go and landed on the net. I had to realize that I needed to trust these people and if I let my guard down I could potentially become better. Once I finally started to trust them I did get better and was able to fulfill the tricks they were teaching us.

I would do this again in a heartbeat and definitely want to progress. This was by far the MOST exhilarating thing we have done thus far. You have do to it too! We go to bed talking about it and wake up talking about it. It was extremely exciting. Who knows, you may see me in the circus one day!

Below is a video of my final trick.

Below is video of the MR's final trick (he caught on faster than I did!)

I hope you enjoyed this post! Please write me a comment and let me know your thoughts, or else, I'll never know you're thinking ;)

Cereal Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment