Friday, October 16, 2009

Out on the town with Nana

Nana came up the coast to see me today. She was going to meet me for lunch but I told her to go to the doctor to get her toe looked at instead. It was infected and I knew she was in pain. I called to check in on her at about 4pm on my lunch break. When I told her I was on lunch she said "you're not going to be hungry for dinner tonight. I might as well drink my dinner." That's Nana for you!

I'm hungry now so I asked if she'd like to go grab a bite to eat. She accepted but had two requests; the first was that we go to a sports bar where she could watch the game and her second was that we play cards while there. She still insists she's keeping a running gin score but I don't believe her! Or maybe I'm just in denial? Any who, she's playing the piano while I'm supposed to be searching for a bar (writing this post). She's yelling at me from the piano "YOU HAVE TO PLAY WITH FEELING, LIKE THIS (insert piano noise here)!!!" I have never met such an energetic 83 year old in my life!

We're off to the bar!

Oh and I'll let you in on a little hint; the MR and I are doing something really exciting tomorrow afternoon. I promise to tell you all about it. Can't wait!

cw

2 comments:

  1. You have too much fun with your naner! :-) Your blog is awesome! :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you :) We do have a lot of fun together!

    ReplyDelete