Sunday, December 6, 2009

First State

Good morning! We left my Mom's house yesterday afternoon to start the road trip. I never like leaving my Mom because she gets really sad but I know she understands why we're doing what we're doing. It's just life. I know I'll see her very soon. We reached the first state of our journey back east, last night. Dave's Dad flew in the night before last. We asked him to come out and drive Dave's truck back east for us since Dave can't drive with his arm in a cast. We're very grateful that he was able to come. Our friends held a get together for us as soon as we arrived. It makes it much easier to have everyone come to one place rather than us driving all over town. The get together wasn't your typical get together and it never is with this particular group of friends. There's always a lot of rough housing, drinking games, music and alcohol involved. We had a great time and I was exhausted from trying to mediate all night.
T came into the room this morning to wake us for the hiking trip. Yes, hiking trip, after a night of fun and staying up until nearly 4am! The moment I heard the word "hike" at 9am I immediately felt regret for ever mentioning I'd go along. Who goes hiking after a night of partying? Not me! After Dave and a couple guys left on their hiking trip, I got up to help my brother start the process of smoking a pork shoulder for the BBQ this afternoon. Yummers! I love hanging with my brothers weather they're fixing a car or smoking a pork shoulder :-)

I'll catch up with you later,
CW

No comments:

Post a Comment