Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tex-Mex and the Alamo

***Warning*** If you haven't read the two previous posts, you might want to do a little catching up...just sayin.
San Antonio is a neat city! It rained all night after we arrived but that didn't stop us from walking the riverwalk or getting ice cream; which are both perfect for my cold. Dave and I shared a 60oz margarita at dinner. After dinner we went to Coyote Ugly and had a couple drinks then headed to a brittish pub called Mad Dogs; where {I} had a great time. The entertainment consisted of two women who are best friends and 40 years of age. Their chemistry was hilarious! Dave implied that I was "old" for enjoying it so much. My father in law ended up getting a lap dance by one of the ladies and I'm still mad at myself for not getting our camera out fast enough! When we got back to the hotel, Dave and I decided to take a dip in the outdoor pool that was closed. So, being the kids we are, we jumped in! Did I mention that it was 42 degrees and raining??? We lasted long enough for Dave to dip his cast in the chlorine water hoping it would take away that funky "cast" smell. Unfortunately for me, it didn't work. I need to confess, I allowed Dave to book our hotel again. I wanted to give him another chance and he did a great job! We slept well that night minus the insects and our gas station attendant roomie.
The next morning we had breakfast at a local joint then went to see the Alamo and take pictures. I heard that Ozzy Osborne is banned from San Antonio for peeing on the alamo but I'm not sure if it's true. Just wanted to throw that interesting piece of info at ya.

Then we hit the road again and this time to New Orleans.

Off to bed now...

PS: The blog app I use on my phone keeps forcing me to close it, really testing my patience since it erases either some or all of my unpublished entry. What I'm trying to say is if you don't hear from me for a while it's because I threw my phone in the Louisiana swamp.

2 comments:

  1. Check out the CastCooler for dealing with odor, itch and wetness of a spica cast. It will freshen the cast.

    www.castcooler.com

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you Rick! It looks like it's something we can use...ASAP!

    cw

    ReplyDelete