Thursday, December 10, 2009

On the road again

We left my brother's house about 10am. I felt sad to leave everyone but I find peace in knowing I'll visit often. I try not to look at things as though they're set in stone. We had a blowout in Texas which was scary. We called road side assistance and they sent the tow truck man. He of course didn't see us around the curve. The moment I turned my back on traffic I heard tires screeching so I turn around to see tire smoke from fellow traffic trying to avoid a pile up. He slammed on his breaks and met the curb, jumped out of his truck and said 'That's no big deal...happens all the time' then changed my tire within 3 minutes. It looked like a scene out of Ace Ventura or Inspector gadget. We drove to the tire shop in rush hour. They were about to lock the door and had all the lights turned off. Dave was able to get in just in time, ask for a new tire and told them he'd change it himself. The guys at the shop were kind enough to lift the garage and fix the tire for us. I love people like that! We definitely didn't want to be stranded in that town tonight so we were very grateful for their help. We got back on the road and made it to our final stop for the night two hours later. I hope to get some good sleep tonight. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow for the next leg of our road trip.

Sweet dreams,
CW

No comments:

Post a Comment