Thursday, December 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

In case you were wondering, I didn't throw my phone into a swamp even though it's still acting up and I've given it way too many chances!

We made it to our new home on Monday afternoon and let me tell you, we were so relieved and happy to be here after 40hrs of travel! It could have been worse; if we traveled by horse and buggy. We managed to unpack all our clothes, family room and thanks to our family for unpacking the kitchen and buying some groceries prior to our arrival. It's amazing to finally be in our own bed and have our own furniture again!

Tuesday we went to the nearest community college to enroll. I can't wait to sign up for classes tomorrow when we get Internet. After the trip to the college we went to Home Depot with two main purchases on the mind; blinds and new door locks. We walked out with new door locks, an area rug, a 2x4 and realized we were driving my two door car. We decided that Dave should get in first and roll down his window. I then attempted to cram the area rug and 2x4 in the back seat leaving whatever didn't fit in the car, outside of the car which made it a comfortable ride home for Dave. He escaped without any injuries or splinters, phew! We ended the day having dinner with Dave's parents and shopping for fruit to prepare for our 48hr cleanse we planned to start the next morning...genius idea.

Wednesday we woke up and drank our not so appetizing juice which I repeated three other times throughout the day in between eating fruit. I started my first day of work with my sister in law. It probably wasn't a great idea to start the cleanse on my first day of work mainly because, as I was eating loads of fruit and drinking the barf juice, all I could think of was protein while day dreaming constantly. After work I attempted a pilates class which I was in no mood for being that I was ready to chew off my own arm. My patience started to wear thin as the teacher instructed me to tighten my stomach muscles and point my toes. After pilates I met up with Dave. He said "should we go get a salad?" with an enthusiastic smile on his face. I looked at him as if I was about to snap and said "I will be having a hoagie with turkey...you can get whatever you want." So he got a salad and I got my hoagie :-) Goodbye fruit cleanse hello happiness! I decided it wasn't for me since I don't function well without food. He's still going strong on the cleanse and I commend him for it!

Today has been a little bit of a struggle for me. Dave left a few hours ago for work and I don't know where to start to build my new life here. I know it might take a while for me to get comfortable and feel settled but the process is always overwhelming. On top of feeling unsettled I'm trying to find my purpose and individuality which I feel is important. It took me a while to get out of bed this morning. Once I got my coffee I moved to the couch to read and look out the windows. I've been watching the neighborhood and people move around. I'm still waiting for our welcome cookie/cake platters to arrive and wondering who our neighbors are. It's time I stop being so pathetic and get ready for the day. I need music and a little movement. It's so quiet around here right now. I can't wait to start decorating and the first step is getting rid of these hideous drapes! Need to make a few phone calls, eat, run an errand or two then pick up the niece and nephew from school...I'm really looking forward to it!

I hope you're farther along in your day than I am, wherever you are!

CW

6 comments:

  1. CW...Just heard about this blog from a little bird in the office. I'm still trying to figure out how I didn't know about it before today. It is amazing and hilarious and it has brought the biggest smile to my face. You are an incredible writer and I miss your humor everyday.

    I don't function well without food either and I'm not too much farther along in my day than you. Keep on truckin...you will find your place in your new surroundings. And maybe you should whip up something yummy for your neighbors instead of waiting for them to make the first move...? Spinach & articoke dip in a breadbowl. Just a thought :)

    missing you,
    KW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe change your name to...Clense Writer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm am so glad you're finally home.... however, I will miss the daily "On The Road" series, gas station attendant, bugs and the cast of characters... and just the way your put it into words. Thinking of you... Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year in your new home.

    RH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear KW, I am missing you too! Thank you for such a warm comment. It really hit home and made me tear up a bit. Great idea about the spinach/artichoke dip however I was thinking cereal, maybe a little HBO. What do you think?
    Keep in touch and I'll do the same :)

    CW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ipepys,
    I'm not quite sure who you are but I think I have an idea, meow? I think your suggestion would've been genius if I hadn't fallen off the cleanse bandwagon ;) I'm likin' what you have to say so come back and visit again soon.

    cw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear RH,

    Thank you for checking in on me every now and again! Don't worry, it seems I'm on the road often so I don't think there will be a huge shortage of stories...next trip to Indiana! Please give EH a hug for me - Happy holidays to you both!

    cw

    ReplyDelete