Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's not guaranteed

On Friday my great uncle passed away and today was his memorial service. I have so many great memories with him; his laugh, warmth and the times we spent in Mexico and Pinetop. He was such a fun and loving person. We are going to miss him greatly.

On the way home from the memorial, I received a text from a friend saying that one of our mutual friends died last night. I was immediately overwhelmed with so much sadness. She was 27 and just got married a little over a month ago. I have been thinking of her husband and family all day and I cannot even begin to imagine the immense pain they're all suffering. I'm a mess right now and in complete shock! I'm lying here thinking how close in age we were and how she dreamt of all things in life that I dream of. How full of life she was and such a warm person. How do loved ones cope with this kind of pain? When I think of being in her husband's or family's shoes I can't stop crying. I often hear "you have the rest of your lives ahead of you" but I know it's not guaranteed. This is a terrible reminder of just how fragile life is. She will be missed by so many.

Sorry to hit you with such a sad post. I've found that writing helps me sort my thoughts and feelings and brings me peace...lucky you ;-)

I need to get to sleep ASAP! We start the next stretch of our drive in the morning. Not only do I have a lot on my mind but I'm also sick so it's important I get enough rest.

Write you on the road,
cw

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, really got me thinking. That's good.

    ReplyDelete